We are pleased to welcome...
Christine D'Ambrosio brings a professionalism and energy as Marketing Manager. Christine has diverse experience in the A/E/C and IT Security fields having Marketing and Business Development roles for regionally and nationally based operations.
Lisa Earley, CWI, ASNT Level III continues to expand our QA and Special Inspections Team credentials overseeing Structural Steel, Non-Destructive Testing, and Coatings Inspections. Lisa brings a portfolio of National experience from Florida to California on significant new construction, infrastructure, power, pipeline, and maintenance surveys.
John DeRubeis, MWD, as Drilling Manager, has enhanced the capabilities of niche drilling services to Balter. Offering exposure to national accounts and specialty drilling services, John has spearheaded a transformation to offer both conventional and unique drilling, coring, and instrumentation techniques on land and water.
In line with this evolution, we are pleased to announce the purchase of a two new Drill Rigs to expand our fleet.
Recent Project Awards...
- Program Management of AE Design Services at BWI and Martin State Airports Contract MAA-AE-18-002 (Geotechnical)
- MES SBR Geotechnical Engineering Services IDIQ
- DDOT (Washington DC) Geotechnical Engineering Services IDIQ
- CM Philadelphia Northeast Airport Improvements for Special Inspections
- Skipjack Wind Farm, Delaware Waters, Atlantic Ocean
- MAA A/B Connector and Baggage Handling System Replacement Project at BWI
- DCA Hold Bay 4 Reconstruction and Reconfiguration
- DCA New North Concourse Package 2B
- PHL CM/PM for Federally-Funded Airports Improvements
- Verification Coring and Subsurface Explorations at Buckeye Lake, Ohio
- CM Services Runway 27L Extension for Philadelphia International
- Airport A/E Design Services for Airfield Panel Replacement at Washington Dulles International Airport
- Terminal B/C Redevelopment Program at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- On-Call Civil Design Services for Philadelphia International Airport
- CM Services for Airfield Development for Philadelphia International Airport
- DC Water Blue Plains Flood Wall
- DC Water G100 Local Sewer Rehabilitation
- 32,000 LF Force Main/Outfall Sewer/Interceptor Geotechnical Study from Gunpowder to White Marsh for Baltimore County
- A/E Task Order Design Services Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, and Dulles Toll Road System
- City of Baltimore Vernon and Ashburton Pump Station Projects
We appreciate the many excellent clients who make this possible
Continuing our 50+ year relationship beginning with Mr. James Rouse, Balter is proud of our continued involvement with The Howard Hughes Corporation during the redevelopment of Downtown Columbia which will include three new and reconfigured neighborhoods – Merriweather District, Lakefront District and Central District featuring more than 14 million SF of mixed-use development comprised of 4.3 million SF of commercial office space, 1.25 million SF of street retail, 6,244 residential units and 640 hotel rooms cultural as well as public uses including public parks, trails and more. Balter is providing geotechnical and pavement engineering, Special Inspections, and QA Inspections.
Balter continues offering Special Inspections on new segments of the DC Water Enhanced Nitrogen Removal and Expansion project which has thus far included the ENR Facilities, Filtrate and Disinfection Facilities, Nitrification Facilities, Secondary Treatment Upgrades, Filtrate Treatment Facility, and Raw Wastewater Pump Station Upgrades. These projects are part of the $3.8 Billion Capital Improvement Program under CM DCFA 428.
As part of the CM4E-JV Team (DCFA #459-WSA) for St. Elizabeth Water Tower, Balter managed Special Inspections per DCRA and IBC requirements; Materials Laboratory Testing; and Geotechnical and Materials Engineering Consulting during the construction of this 2-Million Million Gallon composite-style elevated water tower, approximately 4,000 LF of 24-inch water transmission mains, drainage structures, pipes, and roadways. These services included Earthwork, Fill Placement; Auger Cast Piles; Reinforcing Steel; Cast-in-Place Structural Concrete; Structural Steel, Welding and Corrosive Coatings, Radiographic NDT, Coatings, and Asphalt pavements; review of construction plans and documents; and all Code Department documentation.
Balter is pleased that Transient Wounded Warrior Lodge and Parking Structure, National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD is now operational. This LEED Gold Design/Build project includes a 135,416 SF multi-story building, and 161,016 SF 5-level Parking Garage.
Balter continues our valued relationship with Montgomery County, MD partnering with the DGS providing Special Inspections and Engineering Consulting to their important public development improvements over a period of 16 continuous years through opportunities from multiple contract awards.